Friday, July 22, 2011

Preface


I’m really surprised so many people wanted us to blog this trip.  (What’s wrong with you people???)  I have to say too, I think y’all are more excited about it than I am.  But I can say with utmost certainty, we need to go. 

So, tomorrow we will start our little ride around the Eastern block (CT, PA, OH , NY).  As I write this we have no plan for the morning.  We are not packed.  The should/do list is still long, and I think I speak for both M. and I when I say we are tired, have a headache and don’t want to do much of anything.  I am deep in the ‘I don’t want to go, but I don’t want to stay’ mode.  (Cats? Housecleaning? Errands?....)

The good thing is that we are taking G (my car, the Mazda) and this means that at least for this trip, I have no airport anxiety nor must I confine by wardrobe to one backpack.  This of course means that my list of what to bring is too long.  Oh well.  The trunk’s big.

In some ways too, we have more of a plan for this trip than our other adventures (Fried chicken in Lancaster, PA; I want to see a ghost in Gettysburg and Falling water house before it molds into non-existence, etc.)  But each of these destinations are like little pin points on a map that are only connected by lines of highway.  In truth, I think this is going to be a pretty boring trip, and I’m okay with that.

I mention it here, in the preface for the sole reason of documentation.  If it IS a boring trip, then I will not feel badly that I have disappointed – I warned you!  And if for some reason it is not a boring trip – we can all snort and say, yup so much for her crystal ball skills.

At any rate – I have only one more thing to say here – knowing who at least some of my loyal readers are…  I want to say a big, huge, heartfelt thank you, to my wonderful staff at work for whom I can embark on this journey without ANY consideration or fear about what I am leaving behind or returning to, for they can handle anything expertly.  This alone is worth more than vacation time itself.  And to my wonderful staff – I promise to try to rest and wrestle my brain from Lulu who has been playing with it under the bed!

1 comment: