Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cats, sweet, cats

Well, we are home.  (That does not mean that I will be into work early.)  Today was actually not a bad day, though there was a fair amount of driving.

We started at the Corning Glass Museum.  Much to our surprise, that is a really, really cool museum and worth a drive.  (It’s about 4-5 hours from here.)  The museum took 2-3 hours at our pace, as we actually move pretty quickly.

There were of course Chihuly’s, even his old vase stuff, but so very much more.  Plus glass to look like salt or concrete, glass that looked like water.  Then the usual history stuff, Tiffany and modern stained glass.  I’d go back.

From there we came home.  The drive long, but not horrible.  Probably because most of it was NY state – valleys with rivers, actually a pretty drive.  Until Newburg and CT.

But we are now safe and sound.  The cats are happy to see us and I will be happy to be in my own bed.

And....

No idea who Anon is, there are too many possibilities.  So, fess up!

Did not see power plants.

Did do some wine trail, but seen one vineyard, seen em all and you can only drink so much wine at one time.

Southern NY is more interesting than Lake Placid, but I now have better appreciation of NY mountains in general.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/31/2011

    I sensed the contentment in your post. I'm glad that your last adventure was a very positive one. Enjoy your R&R at home. I will miss the daily blog, though.
    P.S. Anonymous is Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home and closer to all your adoring staff at Saxton B. Enjoy the rest of your vacation. You can continue writing your adventures if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read the end of your trip was so much more enjoyable than the early part of it. Enjoy! Hope you're feeling more rested now!!!

    ReplyDelete